Σελίδες

Πέμπτη 22 Σεπτεμβρίου 2011

European Day of Languages Competition

On occasion of the International Day of Languages I decided to run a school competition. The topic is the "Power of Language". Students are asked to produce
a short story illustrating the power of language. The most original story will be used to produce a short film that we will shoot with the students.

To inspire them we will start with a brainstorming on why we need language
and how language shapes our world.

Then I will show them the following short film:



We will discuss on the film, the main idea, the characters, the point the director is trying to make. I will ask them if they know of any other situations when language can change the way other people view us or when it is used to persuade us (eg. advertising).

Afterwards I will give them a worksheet to keep notes about their own story.

>Topic
>Character
>Scenery
>Time
>Plot

They will write the story at home....

When I collect the stories I will publish them at the blog. Wish me luck :)

1 σχόλιο:

Σημείωση: Μόνο ένα μέλος αυτού του ιστολογίου μπορεί να αναρτήσει σχόλιο.