Remember having penfriends when you were teenagers?
Would you like to have your pupils correspond with children from all over the world?
The benefits are innumerable. To mention some, for the students:
- authentic context for real communication,
- meaningful use of foreign languages,
- boosting of students' confidence in using the target language,
- raising cultural awareness,
- development of social skills
- interaction with teachers from other countries
- exchange of knowledge on educational issues
- as well as ideas and practical tips
with our friends' letters, learning about how children live in the USA.
The school we are corresponding with is Decorah Middle School, in Iowa.
If you want to find partners to launch an international project you can visit and register
on one of these sites:
http://www.britishcouncil.org/learning-connecting-classrooms.htm (only UK schools can sign in)