Σελίδες

Δευτέρα 12 Σεπτεμβρίου 2011

First day at school

It's been a few days now that I am trying to decide how to break the ice with
the newcomers at school..What activity to choose, not something too childish
(they are 16 years old) nor too demanding for their level in language (B1+).
Should I focus on helping them meet each other by introducing themselves
to the classmates? A cliche. What's more, most of them have known each other
since they were babies..
How about playing a board game using language as the medium and stress the similarities
between learning and playing games?
Not a bad idea, but it could cause a lot of noise and give the wrong message for
the rest of the school year..
So I found -what I think is - the perfect solution:
My Dream School.
  • What would it be like?
  • What are the things in my school that I like the best?
  • How could I change my school to make it better?
  • What 's the dream teacher like?
I decided to adapt a nice lesson plan and the worksheets I found in

http://www.teachingenglish.org.uk

and show them a clip on You Tube, the trailer of Jamie Oliver's Dream School as a stimulus for further discussion

.


So let's have a nice school year!

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

Σημείωση: Μόνο ένα μέλος αυτού του ιστολογίου μπορεί να αναρτήσει σχόλιο.